Sunday 6 February 2011

A little elvish fun

I've ran out of vine photos to work from and seeing as though I was focusing on the Elves for my first fabric I had a look at some jewellery in an elven style and had a go at some drawings.  I'm so pleased with how they've turned out, just need to figure out how to make a fabric from the motifs that will fit in with the fashion.  I'm not sure people would wear clothes with these prints on, but I'm always up for a challenge....

What do you think? Is it possible to use such designs in todays fashion, or am I out of my league?







I also had a look at plaiting and knotting, need to get my hands on some good quality yarns, but drawing them is quite interesting, because I havn't seen it done before.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Elvish work! I've been a long-time Lord of the Rings fan and am a former art student of the Cleveland Institute of Art. Nice line work! Very reminiscent of Tolkien's elves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Its great to meet another LOTR fan =) and art lover!

    ReplyDelete