Wednesday 12 September 2012

Dreaming on a star

I'm currently enrolled on the amazing surface pattern design course by Rachael Taylor and Beth Nicholls and I wanted to share some of my classmates work.  Its hard being a little designer and I think we need all the help we can get, so I hope this will help them all become a little more well known.

First up is Tina Devins and her Dreaming on a Star surface pattern design website, she graduated with a BA in architectural design but found that her real passion lay in pattern designing.  Which I can’t say I blame her, because pattern designing is wonderful =)
Having found her passion she went on to do Art, Illustration, Printmaking and Surface Pattern, which brings us up to date, so lets take a look at some of her designs.

 Happy Hearts
 Happy Hearts Falling Hearts
 Alice In Wonderland Outline
 Little Red Riding Hood
 Plum Design
 Egg Rhythm Outline
 Geometric Plain

Her style is lovely and quirky with cute characters and she has taken quite a bit of inspiration from fairytales.  Her drawings are very neat and once put into Illustrator they produce a nice crisp graphic style.  Also I love her colour combinations, especially in Plum Design!

1 comment: