Sunday 19 December 2010

Patience, Perfection, Precision and Paper

I recently saw some amazing blogs that show off a lot of different inspirational artists and interesting little bits of information. I think I've focused a little too much on myself so far so wanted to show you other artists, crafts and things I find interesting that I hope you will too.  My favorite type of art is where you almost think it isn't possible, or where it is obvious a lot of time, precision and effort has gone into it.

So this post is about paper art.

The first artist is Yulia Brodskaya, she is interested in typography and paper and as you can see here has combined the two to produce something a little different using quilling.  Makes me want to dig out my old quilling kit and give it a go.


The detail is incredible!

Here is Jo Lynn Alcorn's take on paper art, she makes it look so easy and the shapes are quite simple when you look close, but the overall effect is so elegant and neat because the flowers are cut symmetrically.
The 3D wallpaper effect makes a real impact because it's different to the usual flat surfaced walls people have in their homes. 


Imagine the amount of time spent cutting those snowflakes out!!!

Aoyama Hina is such a dainty, delicate artist, her work is a pleasure to look at, and her skill with a pair of scissors is incredible.



Georgia Russell is another paper artist that wow'd me, she uses books and cuts them up to make them into 3D pieces that look almost supernatural, like the book is peeling apart.  I'd like to think I could do this if I put my mind to it, but I can imagine its a case of it looks easier than it is.  Such a simple idea to produce something wonderful to look at.



I'll end on a cheery note with Eloise Corr Danch's brightly coloured flowers, these sculptures catch your eye straight away because of all the colours used.  Fantastic for these shop windows, it'd definitely make you stop and look at it.




What do you think? which are your favorites? If you have any other designers that you think are worthy of a mention or any unusual art then send me an email! Emma.hawman@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment