- As funny as it sounds, a Spade is a godsend when you get stuck, you can dig your wheels out and get some traction.
- If you don't have a spade and you get stuck, wedge your car mats under your wheels to get yourself out (remember if it's only 2 wheel drive to put the mats under the wheels that the power is applied to.
- If your windscreen gets dirty and your windscreen wash is frozen then grab some snow and wipe it over to clean it.
- If your driving and your windscreen is dirty and window wash is frozen. This will work best on a motorway or dual carriageway, drive behind a lorry or van and the spray will help wash your screen. Dont drive too close though!
- If your driving down a hill and start slipping or feeling your not in control then steer into the bank a little, the snow won't be as slippy and you'll be able to slow down faster.
- One last tip is to use your gears as much as possible, instead of breaking if you go down your gears you have more control and are less likely to slip about the road.
If anyone has any others they want to share then just leave a comment.