Monday 7 April 2014

Bye bye little car!

This weekend I had to say goodbye to my faithful little green Clio, it was heartbreaking.  I’ll admit my car has been weighing down on me recently because it did quite a lot of sitting on the drive and the tax, MOT and insurance would all be due in a few short months.  So I decided it was time to send it off to another family, put it up on Auto Trader and was contacted within a couple of hours by a man looking for a car for his daughter.


I’d taken good care of my little car and gave it a good clean out (cleaning a car is harder than it looks!), washed and waxed it so it was sparkling.  Put some new wheel trims on and it looked as good as it did when I bought it 6 years ago!

This car really signified my freedom when I bought it at 17 and I have so many wonderful memories of my adventures!  From having it jam packed to the seams when I needed to move houses at University to my dad teaching me to drive in this car and taking my test in it. 



From getting stuck in the snow (more than once) then having to get my dad to come and dig/tow me out to endless trips in the summer with my friends.


So as you can imagine I was quite sad to see it go.  However it went to another Emma who will be learning to drive in it, so I’d say that’s a good sign it was time to let it go. 


I’m just happy it’s gone to a nice home instead of selling it then seeing it raring up and down my street with one of those huge noisy exhausts and rave music booming from the speakers….

No comments:

Post a Comment