Wednesday 4 September 2013

A bit of black and white - Tigerprint Competition

Time to share my Tigerprint black and white competition pieces after giving a little inspiration last week on the Black and White theme.

It's quite nice to have a restricted colour palette as you can focus more on the composition and don't have to worry about finding colours that fit together and don't clash!  First of all I raked through all of my motifs that I haven't yet used to see if any caught my eye and sparked off some inspiration.  I found some motifs from my university projects that I thought would look great in a scattered pattern.  All of my designs are fairly simple with only one or two motifs repeated, but less is often more!

I love the Tigerprint competitions and now I have loads of time to design I will definitely be entering more often =)





What do you think?

2 comments: