Thursday 6 February 2014

My Tigerprint Entries

I know it has been quite some time since I last shared some of my work, it's heartbreaking not being able to share my newest designs with you, but I assure you there will be lots happening in the future that I can share with you instead!

I'm so happy to be able to show you my Tigerprint entries for their last competition.  The theme was 'Everyday Surface Pattern' which is right up my street, I seem to live, breathe and sleep patterns at the moment.  Having been designing for children, and particularly for boys for the past month I went straight to the florals for these patterns.  Oh how I've missed drawing florals!

I went for a bright and delicate colour palette aswell as darker opposite to give two different end looks. While playing about with the composition I came across the outlined piece and loved it straight away so that became my third design.  After the first three I started to work on the last two which were patterns I had put together a while ago and just needed to colour. 

What do you think!?








3 comments: