Friday 15 April 2011

Tree house after 15 years

So after my last post about Patrick Dougherty's tree sculptures, I noticed one of the tree houses is located at the Clemson Botanical Gardens.  Luckily enough I happen to be in Clemson at this moment in time, so of course I went to check it out.

This is the sculpture which is here in Clemson


It took a little while to find it because it definitely doesnt look like this anymore, but it's still pretty impressive.  Its completely overgrown (which you would expect after 15 years) but the trees have kept the arch shape (sadly you cant see this from the photo because the leaves cover it up.

So here it is now

I think you'll agree, it's still pretty impressive.  There is another sculpture by Patrick Dougherty at the Botanical Gardens but I havnt been able to find it yet, I'll be sure to have another look though

No comments:

Post a Comment