Monday 20 May 2013

New picture envelope swap

My lovely illustrated envelope has made it to America to the lovely Alik Arzoumanian.  I love sending pretty envelopes and it is always nice to see the post office ladies faces when they see the colourful designs they need to ship off to different countries.  I'd love to swap more patterened snail mail, if anyone is interested please email me! Emma.Hawman@hotmail.co.uk =)



I used a white crayon to draw the outlines of the butterflies then used watercolours over the top so the white stood out bright against the blue background.  The details were drawn in with fineliners and coloured markers.  I loved the motifs so much I've drawn them out fully ready to put them into a pattern or placement print for greetings cards and other products.



1 comment:

  1. I am interested but it will have to be in a couple of weeks as I still owe a couple of others!

    I am also very interested in your butterflies... they are fab. If you would like to send a butterfly design to me I will include it in the PINTEREST board for World Lupus Day. See http://niceandfancy.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete