Sunday 16 February 2014

Sorry I've been away for a while!

Well you'll be happy to hear the move went fairly smoothly!  Well as smoothly as a house move can go, I woke up bright and early to finish off the kitchen and wash the pots before packing them, but honestly there are so many little jobs you don't think about!  Suddenly I had about 20 minutes left to do a list a mile long, and then the doorbell goes and the removal men are here early (I mean of all the days for people to come early!).  So they set to shifting all of the furniture into the van, there were two men to begin with, then there came a third and a fourth so they had it done in no time as I was still frantically sorting the kitchen out and packing the cars.  

By this point my hair looked like Monica's when she went on holiday...

So Matthew set off to the new house and the removal men weren't far behind (if that boy didn't have a sat nav he could have ended up who knows where! So we decided he should have that and I'll use my internal compass) and I was left to clean the old house.

Well.....who knew how much of a work out cleaning and hoovering a whole house could be.  My right arm is now twice the size of my left from pushing the Dyson hoover, which suctioned itself to the floor and felt like I was trying to drag a sack of potatoes across the floor.  By now my hair had far surpassed Monica's and I still had an hour and a half drive to the new house.

The guy came for the keys and I was finally free to set off to the new house, I'd put myself a flask of coffee together so sat in my car and demolished the cereal bars I'd packed and pretty much the whole flask of coffee to keep me going for the long drive.  I was on my way to a new home!

Once on the motorway and I had my music blasting out I noticed a drumming noise in the was an almighty noise from under my bonnet.  Of all the times Doris (my little green Clio) decides to misbehave now!  She's done this before and would be fine the next time I drove her so I figured it may be her just telling me she doesn't appriciate going at 70, she's an old lady after all.  I had to pull off the motorway and check if anything was loose and banging about, the dipstick was loose but I'm fairly sure that little thing wouldn't make that amount of noise.  Clipped it back in and set off following a Tesco van at 50 down the M6.

Doris was happy.  I even made it up to 60, although I'm sure the other drivers were cursing me.  It took me a little longer than it would have but I got to Derby safe and sound and little Doris is happily parked in the drive.  I'm sad to say she may be off to a new family soon, before anything goes wrong! I gave her a good telling off and asked her to get me there safely and she did.  She's been a wonderful first car and I've had barely any problems (besides the exhaust falling off in Leeds city centre, but come on, it could have been worse!).

The removal men had left and Matthew had been setting up the house, I couldn't have arrived at a better time.

I just wanted to let you know what I'd been up to and why I've been so quite this week, which is because we don't have internet in the new house just yet.  I will be back up and running this Friday! However I can get emails and check important things via my phone in the meantime so you can still order products and get hold of me.

I'm thankfully back to internet land this weekend because I'm at my parents for the weekend for little brother's birthday (He was 9 on Valentine's day!), which is how I can magically write this post.  I hope you've all had a lovely Valentine's day and can't wait to be back with more designs/news and other exciting posts next week!

Happy Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment