Wednesday 12 March 2014

How to pick yourself up when you get those rejection emails

It's difficult to keep upbeat when your a young designer in a very competitive industry.  Rejection comes at you from every angle, and it sometimes feels like you have to claw yourself up each little step!

This means it is really important to focus on the little things, the little positives in your day.  I'm taking part in #100happydays, this is where you find at least one happy moment in your day, or one little thing that makes you happy for 100 days in a row.

I'm only about 30 days in but it's been a fantastic way of seeing what makes me happy, which helps when you get another rejection email or when all of those emails you've sent out don't get a reply.  I love a nice milky, sugary cup of coffee, I love those songs that make you feel unstoppable, with the amazing drum beats (I'm a drummer) that make you want to get up and dance.  I love to dance, if I'm feeling tired or unproductive I put on an amazing song and have a dance about to get my heart rate up, I can focus after a good dance.  I love spending time with my mum, she always believes in me and when I'm worrying about the future or I doubt myself then she is one of the people I go to to fill myself full of confidence again.

It's good to recognise what makes you happy, so that when you get bad news or something doesn't go as planned you can get back to being yourself and working your way up the ladder.

I had another wonderful treat this week, I took part in a little snail mail swap that Mirta from Mi+ed Design set up (I love getting mail!) and I received a little parcel all the way from Austria, from Belle Accessories.  We were asked to send something we had made, something we had bought and something old to our partners.  I was so lucky to be sent two beautiful pairs of earrings (I really must go and get my ears pierced now!) and a hand drawn postcard which I plan to get framed for my studio.




Thank you so much to Barbara who sent me these and I hope she receives mine in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment