Tuesday 29 January 2013

Kathryn Pledger's beautiful array of colour

Kathryn Pledger's design work really stands out, her use of colour is mesmerising and beautiful. She is inspired by nature, colour, photography and texture, which you can clearly see from her stunning work!  I love her use of photography and layering elements to make designs that are quite different from others I have seen.

Kathryn has worked as a graphic designer for a number of years but always wanted to be a textile designer, having not created patterns since high school she enrolled on 'The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design' to see what being a pattern designer was all about.  This course has reignited her passion for patterns and Kathryn is hoping to move away from graphics and into surface pattern design in the next few years.

I love to find out why designers love to design patterns, what makes them love their job so much, Kathryn told me 'It never feels like work and I can get totally lost in what I'm creating', which I totally agree with! The best part is that it doesn't feel like working! Kathryn loves patterns so much she has a habit of buying clothes and shoes just because of the colour or pattern on them.  I can see where she is coming from, I have several boxes of fabrics and clothes, its part of our job to collect inspiration =)

I have the pleasure of showcasing some of Kathryn's work and you can find more of her lovely designs on her website at www.kathrynpledger.com










No comments:

Post a Comment